You are encouraged to visit with one of our Peer Advisors if you have career questions or need help developing a resume. Online and walk-in hours are available. Peer Advisors provide:
- An overview of services at the Center for Career Development
- Resume reviews and tips for creating an effective resume
- Assistance with finding on-campus work
- Interviewing tips
- General guidance with job search strategies
Connect with Peer Advisors
- In-Office Advising: Student Services Building
- Phone: 562.903.4875
- Email: email@example.com
- Instant Chat: Check the chat box at the bottom of each page for availability
Career Counselors can assist you with choosing a major, identifying career options and trends in a particular field, deciding whether to attend graduate school, developing resumes & cover letters, designing job search campaigns, preparing for the interviewing process, negotiating a compensation package, making a career change and more.
Counselors & Counseling Areas
- Tiffany Lee: Biological Science, Business, Communication Disorders, Communication Studies, Education, CMA (film), Journalism, Kinesiology, Math/Computer Science, Nursing, Physical Science/Engineering
- Heather Martin: Anthropology, Art, Biblical Studies, Christian Ministries, English, History, Humanities (Philosophy & Social Science), ICS, Music, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Spanish
- Mark Matthes: Alumni, Graduate Programs (Business, Theology), International
- Jeanie Jang: Alumni, Graduate Programs (Higher Education, Psychology)
To receive the maximum benefit from your meeting, we ask that you:
- Register in Biolalink: fill out your profile prior to your appointment
- Do some career exploration of your own: This can include career research, creating a resume draft, talking to working professionals, attending career events, and/or taking advantage of Peer Advising.
We request that you cancel appointments 24 hours in advance of your appointment
Electronic Resume Reviews
Advisors will review resumes and job search correspondence within 2-5 business days of receiving it via email.
If a student or alumni is more than 15 minutes late for an appointment, the Center reserves the right to reschedule the appointment.
Alumni who graduated more than a year ago are limited to three interactions with a Career Counselor in-person, by phone or email. Alumni are encouraged to view the career service offerings through the Office of Alumni Relations.