Our generation is being faced with multi-faceted financial problems. Consequently, most of us need more than one means of income: regular check and a hustle check. Below are five examples of side businesses you can start so that you have a hustle check coming in each month.
1. Freelance Writing and Blogging: Thanks to the internet you can literally find writing jobs just about anywhere. If you want to make some money as a freelance writer check out: Make A Living Writing.
2. Virtual Assistant: This side business is becoming very popular. Small businesses are always looking for administrative assistants, and it just so happens that most administrative tasks can be done via telecommuting. For a great example of this see: Virtual Assistant Services for Bloggers.
3. Social Media Management: Small businesses and professionals are constantly looking for people to run their social media accounts and no one has more experience in this area than young people.
4. Online Tutoring: Have a special skill that you can help people with? All you need is Skype and a PayPal account and you can run your own online tutoring business. That’s what Ashley over at The Middle Finger Project did back in the day to make some extra cash and now she’s a web entrepreneur extraordinaire.
5. Web Design: Many of us computer savvy young people know our way around WordPress and Adobe Photoshop. Even if you only have basic skills you can still make some extra money by helping those who are completely web design illiterate. A good example of a web design business run by 20somethings is: Shatterboxx Media.
Earning some extra money can be easier than you think. It will take time and perseverance to turn ideas into money generating gigs, but those are two things our generation’s got. So get creative!
Have you already started your own side business? What is it and has it been successful?
Thanks to The Smart College Grad for these tips & more.